Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gimme a "C"

Today was my weekly check-up - woo hoo!! I saw another dr. in the group and had an ultrasound to see how big Miss Morgan is and she is B.I.G! She weighs 7 lbs. 13 oz. YEA!! Now, the bad news . . . she's been head down for WEEKS, but today we discovered that she is breach. Obviously, I realized the implications of this development, but it didn't really hit me until the dr. said the word "C-section." Then he continued with a barrage of questions and information - are we planning to have more children because when they do the C-section my tubes will be RIGHT THERE and they can go ahead and tie them but I have to sign a paper that I have to sign ahead of time and not wait till I'm in labor and this doesn't commit me to anything but it gives me the option that I won't have if I wait until I go into labor . . . WHEW! I don't think he even took a breath! Meanwhile, all of the blood has drained from my face! No, of course we're not planning to have more children - I'll be 40 in January. Of course, we've discussed family planning but having my tubes tied never really came up. In my head, all of this made sense, but in my heart . . . well if was all just so much information so fast that my heart didn't really have time to digest it! So, next Tuesday, I'll see my dr. and discuss our game plan which, since her surgery day is Wednesday, looks like it will include a C-section as early as the 15th. Keep sending up those prayers!

See you soon - perhaps with a baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment