Friday, September 24, 2010

C-section, part 2

OK, so after my spinal block, they had me lay down on the operating table and prepped me even more for surgery. My lower half immediately began to numb, but I could still tell they were doing something down there, which I told them over and over!! Didn't want the fun to start with me still able to feel anything! They reassured me that this was all normal. My anesthesiologist told me that I might feel nauseated and to tell him IMMEDIATELY if I did. I love that man! Can you see the pattern? Give me drugs and I'll love you forever? Glad I wasn't this way in high school - ha! ha! ha! Anyway, I also received oxygen, which made me feel better since I have sinus/allergy issues. Chris was then allowed to come into the OR, all dressed in paper from head to toe - literally, to his toes because he had paper shoe covers on! I felt what seemed like them pressing on my stomach to feel how big Morgan is and assess the situation. Little did I realize that the dr. had already started the section!! Ignorance sure is bliss!! I then began to feel a little sick, so I told the drug guy and he put something into my IV that immediately made me feel better. We did this 3 times I think. The last time, I felt REALLY sick and thought I might cough! I panicked!! But he got that medicine on-board and I was better in no time! LESSON #3: When a dr. wants to know something immediately, TELL THEM so they can help you IMMEDIATELY!! That's all for now!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment