Monday, August 30, 2010

Oh, what a day!

Do you ever have one of those days when you have such high hopes only to be totally and completely disappointed by the actual events? Well, that was my day!! I usually try not to post the unhappiness, but I'm making an exception today! So, I had this little list of things I wanted to do and places I wanted to go today, and I got exactly nothing accomplished. First, I went to the embroidery shop I mentioned in my last post with a list of Christmas gifts I was hoping to order. No such luck! Hobby Lobby had the paper I wanted, so that was a minor victory. Next, I headed to Spoiled Rotten with my 40 percent off coupon to buy a VB Saddle Up bag in Imperial Toile. Apparently, everyone else in town had already used their coupons and partially cleared out their stock, so no new bag for me! Major disappointment!! Plus, I caught a glimpse of my profile in the mirror and it was not good. I looked like I was carrying quintuplets - my shirt wasn't covering and my hair wasn't flattering! After getting a bite of lunch (which was also moderately uncomfortable), I went to Michael's (they didn't have what I was looking for, either), and I'd planned to go to Babies 'R' Us, just about 50 feet away, and couldn't even muster up the mojo. Morgan's feet were in my lungs, so breathing was difficult, and of course, I was hot and sweaty and basically miserable, so I gave it up and came on home, completely dejected! It's pretty discouraging when all you do is pee and sweat!! After a good cry and a little nap, I feel a bit better. My expectations for tomorrow are far less lofty, so there's hope that I can pull it off! A girl can dream!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment