Friday, August 13, 2010

The Long, Hot Summer

This has been one crazy, hot, stressful, exciting summer! I have been to the ER once; Chris has been twice, once after passing out in the bathroom. He was gone a week during which time I was a basket case, afraid something terrible would happen to him. I have literally dripped the whole summer and been miserable outside. Not exactly the way I wanted to spend the summer with Miss Bailey. It's been in the 90s for weeks with heat indexes well over 100. Today's little trip to the dr. simply demonstrates once again how ridiculous my pregnancy has been at times. Yesterday, my whole body itched for most of the day, including my palms, and by the evening, the bottoms of my feet itched unbearably. I finally tried to sleep only to be awakened by the aforementioned itching. It was driving me nuts!! So I got up and looked up "pregnancy itching" on-line and found out that terrible itchiness coupled with dark urine (I'm sorry!) could mean a liver disorder that could be very, very bad for the baby. I literally panicked! I drank tons of water all night, counting the hours till I could call the dr. I was too terrified to sleep, so I packed some of my stuff and Morgan's gear for the hospital. After drinking three giant glasses of ice water, I was FREEZING, which hasn't happened to me in a loooooong time. It was like I was living in an alternate universe - I set the thermostat at 75 and bundled up in a blanket or my robe. Finally, at around 6 a.m., I tried to get a little sleep, which didn't work. The dr. worked me at 10:30 a.m. and I'm thankful to say that there doesn't seem to be anything terribly wrong with me! This has certainly been one eventful pregnancy, but we've been so blessed that Miss Morgan has handled all of this excitement very well. Just a few more weeks till we get to meet our precious daughter and we can't wait! Please keep us in your prayers!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment