Saturday, June 19, 2010

Can't, Shouldn't, DON'T!!!!

OK, so when you're pregnant, there are LOTS of RULES - don't drink alcohol; you shouldn't color your hair in the first trimester; don't paint; you can't eat soft cheeses, hot dogs, or luncheon meat (apparently, these things will KILL you!!); no caffeine (come ON!!); & on and on (check out this article if you don't believe me!). But the rule that is killing me above all others is SLEEPING ON MY SIDE!! Obviously, sleeping on your stomach is out of the question, but can I please, oh, please, sleep on my back?!?! NOPE! So, in addition to being uncomfortable in so many ways, now I can't even get a good night's sleep most nights (which is why I am typing this at 5:07 a.m.!). I sleep on one side for awhile and then that hip gets tired and sore, so I flip to the other side, ditto, back and forth all night, trying not to lose the pillow the dr. said I should sleep with between my knees to help with some soreness. Oh, and she said a pillow behind my back might be good, too! Seriously, I need to be Saran-wrapped into my sleeping position so I don't lose all my pillows!! Needless to say, the pillow behind my back isn't happening, and most mornings, I feel like a giant pretzel. Oh, well, I guess this is preparing me for when the baby arrives and I REALLY won't be sleeping! Guess I better go try this sleep thing again . . . that is, until I have to go to the bathroom AGAIN!!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment