Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!!

After an ETERNITY at the doctor's office this morning, I FINALLY passed my second glucola test!! They took my blood first (89 - great!), then I drank the yummy orange soda they are so fond of serving and was stuck again an hour later (212 - very bad!!). Since I failed that one, the nurse told me I'd have to stay for the entire 3 hours, but that if I passed the last 2 sticks, I'd be in good shape. So, after the second hour, she drew blood again (163 - pass) and then finally, the moment of truth . . . 91!! Woo Hoo!! My blood sugar only had to be less than 120!! What is that, an A- or B+? My blood sugar made the honor roll!! I posted that same lame joke on my FB page, so if you've endured it twice today, I apologize! More good news - I either lost .5 or 3.5 pounds since last week but I honestly don't remember how much I weighed last week! After 3.5 hours at the office and after not having eaten in 18 hours :( I'm surprised I could turn the key to my car, but I soldiered on and headed straight for Starbucks!! Magical!! And from there, I went to The Cupcakery and had a Strawberries & Cream cupcake which was de-lish!! I indulged a few more times today and now I am ready to call it an evening. Nothing to do tomorrow except buy Miss Morgan's diaper bag from the new Vera Bradley Fall Collection!! I AM SO EXCITED!! I'll post pics tomorrow!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment