Friday, November 19, 2010

More tales from the crib!

With all of my posts about breastfeeding, you must think I have an unhealthy obsession with it. I really don't, but it does take up a big part of my days and nights, so there's usually lots to blog about! Today is a good example of how important it is to have a sense of humor when baby tasks go awry. Since Morgan had her shots yesterday, she hasn't eaten very much or often. So last night and this morning around 5 a.m., I pumped so I'd have milk for another time and not explode! Chris & I were going to Pigeon Forge today, so I fed Morgan right before we left and she ate well. Apparently, not well enough! A few hours later, my right breast felt GIGANTIC and when I checked things out, I noticed my shirt was soaking wet! Not a good sign, but luckily, we were in the Carter's outlet and they had a place for me to nurse Morgan. Unfortunately, she was sound asleep and wasn't the least bit interested in eating at that moment. Too bad! I literally had milk squirting out of my boob - that was pretty funny! We wore the poor thing out trying to wake her enough to eat and after about half an hour, she finally did. That was one exhausting shopping trip! At least I found some cute things for her and we went to Starbucks for their buy 1, get 1 free promotion, so all in all, a good day. Glad to be home, though!! I'll try to come up with something non-boob related to blog about tomorrow!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment