Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mothers' Milk Contains Tryptophan!

So, have you heard of Tryptophan? It's the ingredient in turkey that supposedly makes you fall asleep after a big Thanksgiving meal. If you've ever nursed a baby, you know how prone they are to falling asleep while they're eating and that's exactly what Morgan does! In fact, she fell asleep almost every time I nursed her yesterday. She always has the most precious look on her face right when she starts eating - she gets so excited! Then, after a few suckles, she's out like a light! The funny thing is that she often suckles in her sleep! She dreams of eating - she's definitely my child! I feel so blessed to be able to nurse Morgan. I had no idea what a wonderful bonding experience it would be. It has actually turned out to be so much easier than bottle feeding, which is what we did with Bailey. And there's nothing better than a sweet baby resting on your shoulder after a big meal! At 39, I never imagined I'd be successful at nursing when I wasn't at 29, but now I'm it's biggest proponent! Breast feeding ROCKS!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment