Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And the color of the day is . . .

PINK!! After much anticipation, trepidation, and several other "-ations" I can't think of right now, we finally found out today that we are having a girl! The lab tech really worked me over! She told me to tell her if she was pushing too hard, since she was quickly approaching my SPINE with her probe!! But I was trying really hard not to be a wuss so, through gritted teeth, I said, "I'm fine!" Big liar that I am!! Anyway, I was laying down, watching the entire ultrasound process, and when she finally got to the good stuff, I said "Is that an arm?" And Chris quickly chimed in with "Um, it's a GIRL!!" So, I raised my head up and, low and behold, we had a bird's-eye view of Little Miss's rear end!! So funny that I couldn't even see my own child's, um, important parts!! After that, Bailey, who had gotten out of school early to come with us, quickly lost interest in the ultrasound, and was more interested in the disgusting gel they put on my stomach! My dr. said everything looks good except for a fibroid I have near the placenta, which is not a big deal, but I get to have monthly ultrasounds to keep tabs on it. After an exciting dr. appointment, we headed out west for dinner at Bonefish Grille and some baby shopping. Chris picked out 4 sweet little gowns and Bailey picked out 2 outfits, including a black & pink animal-print skirt with a tank top that reads "Born to be wild!" We are so excited and blessed!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment