Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering September 11 . . .

I remember September 11, 2001, almost like it was yesterday. The day started off like most other days did at that time: Chris was at work; Bailey, who was almost 9 months old, was in her high chair after having had breakfast; and I was in the kitchen with her, fixing my own breakfast and watching "The Today Show" on the little black and white television I had on the counter. I was watching intently just as the first plane hit the first tower. The newscasters were stunned and obviously shaken, as I was, too, as I thought, "What a horrible accident" until the second plane hit . . .

While my family did not personally know anyone who died in the attacks of September 11, it is impossible not to be affected by the tragic events of that day. Everyone who died that day was someone's husband, wife, son, daughter, sister, brother, friend, co-worker, mother, or father. And while the death of a loved one is difficult and painful under the best of circumstances, losing someone in such a violent, senseless way must produce a pain that is impossible to explain and even harder to overcome. It is my prayer that the families, friends, and co-workers left behind in the attacks of September 11 feel the love, support, and prayers of those around the world who are remembering them and their loved ones today.

See you soon!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment