Monday, September 19, 2011

Party Hearty!!

Yesterday, the day I'd been planning for weeks finally arrived!! Morgan's first birthday party!! I tried really, really, REALLY hard not to get stressed about it because, after all, it's only a birthday party and it's not like we were inviting the president or Martha Stewart or anyone who is hyper-critical! OK, so I got a little stressed out!! But we had a great time with our friends and family, and Morgan was an absolute angel! She loved the polka-dot balloons and trying to walk in those big ol' tennis shoes. Chris fixed delicious hamburgers and we had lots of accompaniments. It was a gorgeous day with a nice breeze, so we really enjoyed being outside. The tent we borrowed from John & Kelly was perfect - I attached balloons to it (LOVE those pink polka dots!) and the photo garland I made with pictures of each month of Morgan's life - it really turned out cute! After Morgan's cupcake trial run on Friday, I couldn't wait to see what she did with her little baby cake - she LOVED it! She went at ti with both hands and ate quietly until it was all gone!! It was so sweet! I knew she'd never finish in time to open gifts, so I took care of that and she got some great things - cute clothes, fun toys, and some pretties. It was a wonderful time to spend with the ones we love!!
I'll post more pics tomorrow!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment