Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Our Newest Additions



Welcome to our new babies! They're three-day-old Rhode Island Red chicks and they are absolutely precious! Since I'm not interested in moving to the country, Chris is bringing the country to me, piece by piece! He's a chick magnet! These are the jokes . . . Anyway, these are our new pets and in approximately 3-6 months, we'll have eggs. I had my heart set on Araucana chickens, the "Easter egg" chicks made famous by Martha Stewart, but all of the on-line retailers had a 20+ chick minimum (6 is the limit in the city!), the co-ops were out of chicks altogether, and all Tractor Suppluy had were these cute RI Reds. Hopefully, they will live long, healthy lives, and I will have lots of cute updates for you in the coming weeks and months!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment