Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Count Your Blessings!


The past few weeks have been very emotional for me - things not turning out the way I wanted them to, hurt feelings, disappointment, feeling let down, overworked, & underappreciated. Just as one situation was resolving, another one emerged. With all the demands of a baby, a tween, a husband, a home, and all the duties those entail, I've been feeling pretty low for awhile. But the other day, after Morgan & I met Chris for lunch and were walking back to my car, he put Morgan on his shoulders and she was completely delighted!! Thrilled beyond belief! And I began to think more about all the ways our family has been blessed - how thankful I am to have healthy children, wonderful parents, a husband who amazes me on a daily basis & who is an absolutely wonderful father, and on and on, and I began to feel better. Sometimes it takes a moment like that one to make you realize what's really important. And how can you not be thankful and happy after seeing that sweet face? So, the next time life gets you down, don't plot your revenge (OK, plot a little - just don't act on it!), take a deep breath and reflect on the ways your life has been blessed, too!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment