Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peaches and applesauce and squash, oh my!!


When you're breastfeeding, you're committed to feeding your precious bundle-of-joy every three hours, typically, and perhaps, more often, but at least you can sit and watch TV while you nurse!!! Listen to the news I got this week: Morgan essentially stopped sleeping through the night at four months when we started feeding her baby foods. Usually, babies respond just the opposite, sleeping through the night when their sweet little bellies are full of sweet potatoes, applesauce, squash, peaches, & pears. So, after a month of getting up at 3:30 a.m. to feed Morgan and never being able to fully go back to sleep, I called the pediatrician. The nurse asked me if she was eating 8-10 times per day? Um, seriously?!?! Aren't babies supposed to do more than EAT all day? Apparently not if you want them to sleep through the night! So, Morgan gets up around 7 a.m. and goes to bed at 8 p.m. That's 13 hours of feeding every 1.5 hours!! I thought breastfeeding was time-consuming! But it worked - Monday night, she slept through the night after a full day of eating and last night, after running errands part of the day and not eating religiously, she was up at 3:30 a.m. And since I've had a cold this week, I'm coughing and sneezing all night, too. I'm surprised I have the energy to type!! Please say a prayer that tonight is much, much better than the past few weeks have been!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment