Saturday, February 19, 2011

Morgan's First Road Trip





I can't believe I forgot to write about the little road trip Chris, Morgan, & I took a couple of weeks ago. Chris was off on a Monday so we took Miss Bailey to school and then headed to Asheville, our very favorite day trip, and Morgan's first trip out of state. We just made it in time to have breakfast at my fave place, The Corner Kitchen, in Biltmore Village. I had scrambled eggs with cream cheese & chives, a toasted bagel, and fried cheese grits! Those grits alone were worth the drive even if we had left right after breakfast!! But, we didn't! We went to the Baggie Goose (stationery), Williams Sonoma, Talbots, and several other little shops in The Village, then headed downtown to Malaprops bookstore and the Chocolate Fetish for my favorite sea salt caramels. There's even an Urban Outfitters in Asheville now and since I'd never been to one, we checked it out, too. OMG! I want one here! Such a cool place - lots of neat books, pretty clothes, neat accessories, the whole gamut. On the way home, we stopped in Waynesville and ate at The Sweet Onion and it was also wonderful! I had a fried mozzarella, tomato, & basil salad, and it was truly magical. It's amazing how one little day away can erase all the sleepless night, spit up, and general craziness of having a baby. And Morgan is a super traveler - can't wait to head back to scenic North Carolina very soon!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment