Sunday, March 27, 2011

Morgan's Christening Day




Today was a most wonderful day for our family. Sweet Morgan was baptized at our church and it was such a special time! My parents and several of our sweet friends sat up front with us and Morgan was a perfect angel! She was so cooperative and smiled and charmed the congregation just like she loves to do. She was especially fascinated with Pastor Jim's glasses, which he had to finally remove whenever he held her. Morgan wore my christening gown, the same one Bailey wore almost 10 years ago, and she looked so beautiful in it! After she was baptized, we sang "Great is Thy Faithfulness," which is my favorite hymn - the soloist at our wedding sang it more than 16 years ago and it's been so very meaningful to me and my mom ever since. The entire service from Morgan's christening to the music to the sermon were exactly what I needed to hear today. It happens so often in my life that when I most need to hear a certain message, or when God is talking to me and I'm not listening, the worship service touches my heart in a profound way. I'm just so glad I was listening today . . . !

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment