Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Parenting is not for amateurs!

I can't believe it's been more than a week since I posted an update! Rest assured that there have been several blog posts rattling around in my head, however, they simply never made it to the actual blog! Currently, we are working on a morning nap routine with Miss Morgan and after two successful days, I thought we had it down pat. Wrong! We went to see a friend this morning and got home around 12:30 p.m. Morgan fell asleep on the way home so I just assumed she'd stay asleep once I brought her into the house. Well, you know what they say about when you assume . . . Well, she woke up immediately so after an hour of unsuccessfully trying to get her back to sleep (rocking, feeding, etc.), I gave up! Wouldn't you know it, after I got her up, I noticed she'd spit up all over her top (uncomfortable) and when I changed her clothes, she had the yuckiest diaper I've seen in a while (doubly uncomfortable)! I had to laugh because when I took off Morgan's clothes, she was so happy and smiling. I swear, parenting is not for amateurs! So, the next time she protests her nap, I will run down the check list to make sure Her Highness is as comfortable as possible!! (UPDATE: The dr. said yesterday that any caffeine I drink can affect Morgan's sleeping schedule. I can't believe I didn't think of that one on my own!!)

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment