Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Post-Game











We had a fantastic Valentine's Day! Lots of treats, some flowers, GIANT cards, tiny cards, a delicious meal, and a few surprises! Bailey had doughnut holes with a note that read "DONUT you know that we love you a HOLE bunch!" and Morgan had a heart-shaped waffle. I made their cards and Morgan's was a little owl and Bailey's was inspired by a book I read her over and over and over again as a kid, "The Day it Rained Hearts." And the best part? Before her bedtime, Bailey asked me to read the book to her!!! I was completely elated that my sweet 11-year-old had the time in her day and her heart for her mama to read her a story! It's a memory I will hold dear forever!
Chris decided at the last minute that we were going out to dinner at a restaurant that's not my favorite but that's close to home since Bailey was babysitting. Morgan is going through a bit of a whiny phase so, by the time Chris got home from work, I was DELIGHTED that we were going out. The wait was an hour, but we had reservations (thanks, hon!!) so we only waited about 15 minutes, so the night was already off to a magical start!! We had a sweet little table for two near the fireplace and I was sipping a mojito. Ahhhhhhh, exhale!! We had a delicious dinner and dessert and got the chance to really talk & enjoy each other's company. It was wonderful and so desperately needed!!

See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment