Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Memories

I can't believe it's only a few days till Christmas. The tree is decorated, the gifts are wrapped, the treats are baked, and I am working very hard to put my mind and heart where it should be this time of year. Every year, I face the same struggle. I rush around like a crazy woman buying gifts, baking goodies, wrapping, decorating, preparing, and preparing, and PREPARING! Preparing so much, I fear my head will explode, my arms will fall off, my legs will stop working. But this year, I made a conscious effort to focus more on the spirit of giving and focus on the birth of Jesus, and I've done pretty well . . . until this week, when I feel the weight of last-minute gift procurement and I pray that I have instilled in my family some of the joy and peace of Christmas.

Morgan with her leaping frog (hilarious!) and Bailey with the reindeer cookies we make every year!

Bailey letting Morgan smell the fresh herbs at Walk Through Bethlehem and Bailey with this year's (epic fail!) gingerbread pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment